It seems like at least once a year each of the main popular financial magazines and websites publish a list of “the seven things you need to know about your financial planner”, or “the ten questions you need to ask before you hire an investment advisor”. In light of the current market turbulence, today the Wall Street Journal put together a similar list: “Five Tougher Questions to Ask Your Adviser”. Here are their questions, and our answers.
- Is it time to rebalance? If not, why?
- Are ETFs really better than mutual funds?
- Do you use limit orders to limit risk? Which type?
- What might cause you to alter your asset mix?
- What is on your shopping list?